Kodi 17.1 Krypton released, install it in Linux Mint / Ubuntu
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC media center) is an open-source feature-full media player which has support for different type of audio and video files. Apart from that, you can browse images, watch slideshows and get the weather reports. Overall, it brings you the rich desktop experience.
It has been under active development since long time. Last month, Kodi 17.0 was released and had received many changes. Some of the important improvements are as follow :
- Added New look with Estuary as it’s default skin.
- New inputstream add-ons extend support for streaming protocols like RTMP, MPEG-DASH, SmoothStream and NXMSL.
- Hardware-accelerated DVD playback and OpenGL dithering when performing colour conversion.
- Kodi can now use 3DLUT and simple ICC profiles to colour-correct displays.
- Audio sinks on most platforms have also been refined.
- Music library added support for mood and artist role tagging.
- Live TV and PVR functionality has improved.
In Kodi 17.1 they have fixed some bugs and issues. You can download it into Linux Mint or Ubuntu from it’s official PPA. Just, launch the terminal (or use the shortcut key : Ctrl+Alt+t) and paste the follwing commands :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi